Marketing in a Worldwide Pandemic
Written by Kimberley Falk
COVID-19 has changed our everyday lives as we know it. The world is at a standstill. Communities and businesses are all fighting for survival. The economy is on hold. For now. Marketing in a worldwide pandemic will be a struggle. Companies that evolve and embrace technology will adapt better in this new normal. Regardless if you run a large corporation or a small business owner who never officially conducted marketing online, with the right adaptation, you can survive and stay in the minds of your customers.
Be Present on Social Media, Because Everyone is Spending More Time Scrolling.
With social distancing keeping many people at home, we’re seeing major shifts in behavioral trends. Learning to make meaningful connection with customers is vital.
- Be Present on Social Media, Because Everyone is Spending More Time Scrolling. Our free time has definitely grown over the last couple of months, and so too has the time we spent on social media and browsing websites. Online shopping has significantly increased.
- Create or Update Your Website and Social Media on How You Plan to Continue Delivering Your Service. Many small and mid-sized businesses have been deemed inessential and therefore kept closed for the time being – but this doesn’t mean you need to stop serving your customers. If you’re offering curbside pickup or delivery, your customers might not even know.
- Explain COVID-19 safety measures. Depending on your type of business, it may make sense to explain your safety precaution procedures. Be specific and thoughtful in your messaging. Make your customers know their safety means everything to your company.
Create meaningful connections with customers.
Other than posting specifically about COVID-19, try sharing content that will inspire your audience or add value to their day. If you have an online store, share sales, etc. but don’t go overboard. What’s most important right now is to maintain and build relationships with your customers. Engage with everyone and be sure to respond to questions and concerns quickly and with positivity.
Some examples of content that would be excellent to share during this time would be:
- Blog posts that provide tips relevant to your brand, such as a spa or fitness center discussing options for staying active or mentally positive.
- Some behind the scenes images and videos of how your business is helping front-line workers and those families struggling during this economic crisis.
- Posts about how your business will adjust once things begin to go back to normal.
- Discounts on certain products that you’re having difficulty selling.
- Contests promoting sharing among followers for the chance to win a gift certificate or prize.
- Partnerships with other brands offering samples, etc. with a purchase over a certain amount.
- Any content with relevant keywords and hashtags that will direct new potential customers to your page.
Consider Focusing on Sponsored and Retargeted Ads.
Consider Focusing on Sponsored and Retargeted Ads. Now is a great opportunity to start reaching new audiences. Sponsored and retargeted ads are some of the most effective digital marketing tactics.
Through sponsored ads on Facebook and Instagram, you can build content and have it appear on the screens of any specific demographic, such as age or location (which works well if you’re attempting to let your community know you’re still here to serve them). And, with retargeting, you can ensure those who do visit your website or brand’s landing page and leave with will continue to see sponsored ad’s to remind them to return.
You are not alone.
You’re not alone. If you’re struggling to market during this difficult time, know that you’re not alone. Coronavirus pandemic has affected countless businesses around the world. It’s key to stay focused, think outside the box, and get creative in how you reach your customers. If all else, just keep communication open. By staying in the minds of your audience, you’ll increase the chances that they’ll think of you first when things do begin to return to our new normal.
Interested in learning more about how you can successfully market your brand during this worldwide (and completely crazy) pandemic? Reach out for a conversation today.
Ladies and gentlemen, gather 'round the virtual campfire, because today, we're diving deep into the epic showdown AI vs. Human! Picture it: a fierce battle between algorithms and ingenuity, data crunchers and creative thinkers. And, oh boy, is this going to be an...
AI chats typically work by using natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning algorithms to analyze and interpret human language inputs and generate appropriate responses. Here are the basic steps involved in how AI chats work: AI chats typically work...
Feb 10th, 2023 We are thankful for being mentioned in LA WEEKLY... #7 ! We are grateful for our amazing clients around the world. What a great start to 2023. Excerpt from the article: we are number #7 Top 10 Entrepreneurs in Los Angeles Making an...
Subscribe For Updates
Subscribe to our awesome newsletter. Want new articles before they get published? Want great tips for branding & marketing?